Question
Posted by: Miserable Mom | 2010/09/21

Loan Sharks

Good day Doc. I posted yesterday on the parenting and maybe you can have more info for me.
The lady on parenting told me to contact H.E.A.L, but they couldn''t help, please can you help as I am desperate to put this to an end.
This is it........
I have a problem with my father and Loan Sharks. He always lie to me about it. His loan shark always lie to me about it. He has been involved with them for years now and he is a pensioner. Old Age pension from the government. Anyway he has a drinking problem and this loan sharks keeps on giving him money and comes pension day than he must PAY, BUT........they keep his id and bank card, it''''s their money and every pension day he gets maybe a R50.00, next week another 50, etc,etc. And it has been going on for years. When the sh*t hit the fan than he comes to me and put my life under pressure coz he is still a smoker and than me and my husband keeps on fighting coz of this. Than he come stay by us, till the next pension day and inconvenience me and my children coz he is still arrogant. I need to put it to a stop. I feel he doesn''''t deserve a pension and I feel this loan sharks need to be IN JAIL. Can someone please tell me how to go about putting this crap to an end..........

I'd think you really need a good leagl opinion on this - maybe check out whether there's a free law clinic at your nearest University Law School. Your father apparently has been recklessly stupid for some time now ; and a man with no money should not be borrowing any, should not be smoking or drinking - and still less, expecting other people to pay for his bad habits. He has certainly no reason whatever to be arrogant, and nothing to be proud of.
I agree such rotten loan sharks ought to be stopped and put in jail, but have no idea how that could be done - a lawyer will know what the law is, and the police, if you can find some competent copes, should also be able to advise.
Imagine how many other victims they may have.
And with so many poor people, it is awful that he receives a pension that goes directly to the sharks. I'm not sure that they are legally allowed to keep his ID and bank card - the bank might be able to freeze or close that account, and at least block the bank card if he doesn't have it himself - but only with his agreement and cooperation.

2
Posted by: Liza | 2010/09/21

The loan shark is acting illegally by keeping his bank card and ID. The quickest way out of this situation is to take him to a police station and report the bank card and ID as stolen. He will also have to give the police the details of this loan shark - since the loan shark is the one who ''stole'' the card and ID.

What the loan shark is doing, is a criminal offense. He''s probably doing exactly the same thing to lots of other pensioners who can ill-afford it and this is why he needs to be stopped asap!

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza