Posted by: Looking forward | 2009-06-10

Living with HIV

Hi DOc
I have recently been diagnosed with HIV. I have done all the necessary tests and have a CD4 count of 850. I obviously realise the importance of having a holistic lifestyle change but am struggling to find a nutritional and well balanced diet that i can use to ensure that i am as healthy as can be.
Can you recommend any?

Dear Looking Forward
The correct diet can make a great difference to your overall health and immunity. You can contact the SA Sugar Association to obtain their Booklet on 'Food Choices for People Living with HIV' from The Nutrition Department, SA Sugar Association, P O Box 700, Mount Edgecombe, 4300, or phone: (031) 508-7000, or send an e-mail to: for excellent information on diets for HIV.