Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/05/06

Living with an Eating Disorder

After years of abusing my body through laxatives to begin with then other forms of eating disorders I am now in a place of feeling respect and peace within me.

I JUST WANTED TO SAY DONT FEEL YOU WILL NEVER FEEL ''NORMAL'' ITS JUST PART OF THE JOURNEY THERE IS HOPE THERE IS ALWAYS FAITH AND YOU WILL BE STRONG AND TAKE THAT FIRST STEP IN LOVING YOURSELF AND KNOWING YOU DESERVE BETTER.

For the first time in years I love cooking and eating and dont obsess about food it doesnt control me anymore. I never thought I would reach that day.... But it happened and it can for you 2.

Dont wait till you thin till you happy start feeling happy now otherwise you might look back and missed out on the best years of your life. Find Happiness within.

If you disgusted with your body and yourself due to abuse learn to love yourself, that you were not to blame and that you can heal inside and learn to embrace the person inside of you.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Very inspiring Kasandra, and well done. I hope those who are suffering in the way you have will be motivated by your story.
Regards,
Graham

7
Posted by: Drowning | 2011/06/03

Hi GM
You are very blessed to have someone like that in your life! Self-acceptance becomes a bit easier if someone else accepts you for the person you are (warts &  all). Wouldnt it be nice if we could all have someone like that in our lives :-)

Reply to Drowning
Posted by: GM | 2011/06/03

I abused laxatives for 2 years and when it did not effect me anymore I started starving myself. My therapy was my husband, he showed me to love myself because he thinks I am the sexiest woman alive. A kind of love that only that special persom in your life can give...LOVE CURES ALL

Reply to GM
Posted by: drowning | 2011/06/01

I agree with you DarkAngel. No matter how hard I try, self-acceptance is extremely difficult and for me it seems out of my reach as I cannot accept the person I am. I am in CBT therapy and it is difficult but I stick to it because I desperately want to change my mindset but I cannot and will never accept myself. I can''t look at my own reflection, I avoid looking into mirrors and disgustingly, I avoid having to do as much as possible with touching my body (even hands or face). It can be a nightmare at times. Kasandra, I admire you for the way you have changed your lifestyle and most importantly your self-acceptance. You have come a long way and your words are inspiring.

Reply to drowning
Posted by: DarkAngel | 2011/05/27

Thank you Kassandra for your advice on this but sometimes its like im running in circles to get anywhere and get nowhere. Thank you again

Reply to DarkAngel
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/05/26

Hi DarkAngel

This is a hard question to answer. First you have to find why you punish yourself? For me I found that physical pain was easier to deal with then emotional pain so I abused my body in my forms. I dont know about you but my addictions had many forms.

I found CBT Therapy very helpful. Where you learn to change how you feel about the negative things in your life. Almost like re-programming your mind.

You need to accept that you are human and not perfect that you dont have to be a certain why to be happy.

You must pin point what inside of you drives you not too love or feel comfortable with yourself.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: DarkAngel | 2011/05/25

Thank you, how do you learn to love yourself? i have been told this time and time again

Reply to DarkAngel
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2011/05/15

Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert