Posted by: Lucy | 2010-11-19

living with an ADHD partner

my husband has ADHD, mild enough not to need medication but you can still notice it. We have made the decision not to have a TV because if the TV is on he can''t focus on anything else. We are careful about listening to the radio too, putting classical CD''s on when he needs to focus on doing something instead of listening to dj''s on the radio. W''re both in our early 30''s and just married. Are there any other things I should be looking out for and are there ways that we can organise/manage our lives so that he can still be productive when he needs to and I don''t tear my hair out when he''s distracted all the time?
I can find a lot of information on how to manage ADHD in kids, but not in adults. I''d rather get into the neccessary habbits now, in the beining of our marriage and before kids come along.
Regards, Lucy

The only good advice I have for you, is to make an appointment with a psychiatrist. He/she will be able to give you and your husband good advice.

Posted by: MattsMom | 2010-11-22

Please try Dr Shabeer A Jeeva who specialises in adult ADHD - he has offices at Melrose Arch &  Garden City Clinic. You can google his details.

He''s absolutely brilliant, we came to know of him when " Noleen"  featured him on her show one afternoon. (SABC3) He helped a friend (in his late 30''s) who has now been diagnosed with adult ADHD.

Reply to MattsMom