Question
Posted by: Concerned wife | 2011/07/28

living with a moody bipolar

my wife is a bipolar group II she is very moody but she is on medication she talks to me very badly and the people around her always get hurt but in her eyes she is not doing anything wrong she is always fighting with her family and emotionally abuse her children and me

she is on medication but i dont know since they changed the meds she has become more aggressive but before the new meds she was a emotional wreck ..... should i leave her or should i just keep trying to get through to her but in that process she is landing up hurting us allot i dont know what to do please email me advice please ............ judy

Haven't I seen this question before, and recently ? Or is my memory playing tricks on me ?
Some folks are nasty people, some even have a personality disorder, which may cause more problems to other people than to themselves. And the problems they have and those they cause are generally worsened by the arrival of most illnesses, including potentially Bipolar Disorder - but having any such disorder is no excuse for being unpleasant or cruel to anyone else.
Some meds may cause disinhibition or increased aggressiveness, so discuss these concerns with the psychiatrist who is treating her ( Bipolar Disorder should NEVER be treated by a GP alone ).

2
Posted by: Mmmmmmm | 2011/07/29

If i didn''t know better i would think this isn''t a " concerned wife"  writing this but actually my husband - and if it is then shame on you and trust you to make this all about how hard this is for you! and trust you to make yourself the victim here! you ought to be ashamed of yourself, and isn''t it strange how you only recognise bipolar when it suits you???? up until now its just been ''my excuse to get attention'' but since i told you to get your act together or im leaving because you refuse to understand what im going through or how hard im battling to keep it together for you and the girls, now suddenly its becomming real to you???? SHAME ON YOU WJC!!!!!

Reply to Mmmmmmm