Question
Posted by: Judy | 2011-07-26

living with a moody bipolar

my wife is a bipolar group II she is very moody but she is on medication she talks to me very badly and the people around her always get hurt but in her eyes she is not doing anything wrong she is always fighting with her family and emotionally abuse her children and me

she is on medication but i dont know since they changed the meds she has become more aggressive but before the new meds she was a emotional wreck ..... should i leave her or should i just keep trying to get through to her but in that process she is landing up hurting us allot i dont know what to do please email me advice please ............ judy

I think you need to talk with her psychiatrist, who may not be aware of these other problems. Bipolar Disoerder should NEVER be treated only by a GP, though a GP may be well able to provide medication and support after the diagnosis has been made by a specialist psychiatrist who should plan the treatment program.
Some medications can indeed increase affressiveness and irritability. Again, I believe that it is rarely enough to treat such a disorder solely with medication, and counselling should be part of the treatment plan, especially when, as it sounds like in this case, a personality disorder is a significant part of the problem.

1