Question
Posted by: Silly girl | 2012-11-21

Living in the city

Please don''t think what I write is silly and stupid even though I feel like it is but here is what''s on my mind.

There is a possibility of moving to the city with my boyfriend. He recieved a very good job offer. I''m so nervous as I live in a small town, takes me 2 minutes to get to work and traffic is a breeze. I worry I will be a nervous wreck on the road. I can drive but I have these horrible thoughts of something happening to us. Crime scares me a lot.

On the other hand I''m looking forward to finally being my own boss and not have to wake up and work for someone else.

I''m so worried I will not adjust yet at the same time I feel ready for the change.

I''m such a nervous person about a lot of things. I worry a lot.

Things will indeed be different in a number of ways in the big city, but it probably wont seem strange for long, and you'll surely find many things about it you can like. We all tend to be a bit scared of things we dont already know.
Sue;s response is excellent. You'll get used to the traffic ( you may not get round to loving it, but you'll cope with it ). After a while you'll be wondering why it seemd so scary before you made the move

2
Posted by: Silly girl | 2012-11-23

Thank you. I appreciate the comments. Feeling a bit more optomistic now.

Reply to Silly girl
Posted by: Sue | 2012-11-22

I think you are quite normal!! it is a big step moing to the city from a small town. Just like anything else in life, take it one day at a time, and you will soon get used to it. The traffic is a pain, but drive carefully and be patient and you will be fine. The crime is worse in some area''s than others, but the complexes and houses etc are secure, and just like anywhere else in the world, you must be vigilant and be aware of what is going on around you. The City comes with its own perks too - the vibe is good and their is always alot to do.

Dont stress too much, look at the positive - there lots to be said for living in the city.

Reply to Sue