Question
Posted by: Trapped | 2012/06/26

Living in SA making me depressed

SA is going down the drain! So tired of trying and so tired of the race cards .. I am just sick and tired and when I am not tired I am so sick that I just dont want to get out of bed anymore .. I wonder how many people is feeling like this.
Just had to post to get it out of my system

If you've been watching the international news, and the doo and gloom in so many other countries these days, where else would you think you;'d be happier ?
When I worked in Canada some years back, I had a brillant student, who when he and his wife had their first childm, decided that he wanted the child to grow up in an even safer environment ( safer than Canada ??? ) and did a lot of research.
Then he invited me to their farewell party. He told me they'd found someone perfectly sage and peaceful where the angriest beasts around were only sheep. They moved - arriving in the Falkland Islands shortly before Argentina invaded and the war behan.
Best to explore more positive and happier ways of living where one is !

11
Posted by: Tina | 2012/07/07

Sorry that you hate your life in SA so badly that you feel trapped. However, you need to do something about it, and don''t wallow in self pity.

There is a big danger that you might say you hate your life in SA merely because you haven''t been anywhere else, and you think that it is your being in SA that is wrong . You may move somewhere and find you still hate your life and feel trapped. So, create the life you want to live first. Where you live that life is of secondary importance.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Lizy | 2012/06/28

Grass is not always greener on the other side. I have a friend who moved to Australia a few years back and She absolutely hate it there, she says it doesnt feel like home. She is planning to move back to SA.... there is nothing like home. SA is my home regardless of all the problems we are experiencing and moving is not an option for me!!!!

Reply to Lizy
Posted by: Phil | 2012/06/28

I''m a white male  and I am proudly South African.

I will be one of the white people/parents  with the black  indian and coloured parents looking at our children one day runnign this country. All our kids  are friends these days. They look at our beautifull country  and they hopefully will not be racist and into a culture of finding the same ecuse for any failure or coruption.

I''m one of the people  that are very possitive about our country. If I had any choice  I would keep the foreigners out that stream over the boarders. And one day when things are great  can the ones that ran away and critisise our country just please stay where they are.

Reply to Phil
Posted by: Love SA | 2012/06/27

It''s unfortunate that many white SA where protected by the previous goverment. What is happening is nothing to SA. This was worse in the township, killings everyday etc.

One person mentioned clean water etc. my take is that now we all suffer the samethings and pleased to say welcom to the real SA.

Moving in to the future. Our government is doing very bad and it''s up to us to take control. Your vote is the key, stop conplaining and be active im politics

I''m from Brits and w have water problem for example. Sometime water will be off for days with no explanation. y solution is that I''m going to study and contest for municipal management post. I''ll for sure make a difference

Be positive in our beautiful country and it''s not as bad as it looks. Africa babatha!

Reply to Love SA
Posted by: Inky | 2012/06/27

Both my kids live in the UAE and they absolutely LOVE it there. The discapline, the law the structure the value of your life your right to safety and clean water and electricity and the best food etc etc.
My in-laws live in the UK and they LOVE it there. They left SA bacause ofthe violent crime and they feel so much safer there.
Some colleagues went to Australia and they tell me their kids actually play in the streets ??? Even after dark?? They LOVE it there...
My brother and his family moved to Botswana and feel safe there. I have some family in the Western cape and they love it there??? I am in KZN and I BLOODY hate my life and fear for my life every single minute.
Yip, DA has my vote.....

Reply to Inky
Posted by: Chris758 | 2012/06/27

We just returned from our second visit to Seattle in the US and have seen that there is a life where you do not have fences, burglar proofing, electric fences etc and the main thing is that everything is in working order!!

Their sidewalks are like driving through a park and their roads do not have potholes etc. Too many things to mention that is positive!!

Yes they do have crime there.....25 murders for the YEAR and not 50 per day!!!! They have an active police force that catches these criminals.

People walk their dogs, mostly women all alone and they do not even consider rape!!! They all live in harmony and have time for each other!!

So why would we stay here when all our children leave SA and our grand children is not here?

Reply to Chris758
Posted by: Trapped | 2012/06/27

I think it is the fact that people really dont know how to tolerate each other, allow each other opportunities and just so damn angry all the time living in any country is not easy but it really gets to me as I really am losing hope for myself and my children in SA.

Reply to Trapped
Posted by: Ricky | 2012/06/27

I have a friend who lives in Sydney, Australia. He absolutely HATES that city, the rat-race, his job, the people etc. There are just as many crimes and criminals in other countries, we are just not as aware of it as it does not always make headlines in our news! My oldest sister lives in England and she complains about the unfriendliness of the British people towards South Africans, the rudeness and absolute disrespect by children towards adults, the laziness of some people to work (easier to be on the dole and sit in a pub drinking beer all day!). No country in this world is perfect, they all have their problems, be it the economy, crime etc.

Reply to Ricky
Posted by: Sandra | 2012/06/26

I love SA but I hate my job, I wish I can say relocate to another country but we both know its impossible as much as I say I hate my job people say quit your job but I cant

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: Nicole | 2012/06/26

You not alone on this one. It''s really scary to think what is really going to really happen in the VERY VERY NEAR FUTURE. sigh... But my first vote will be going to the DA. I know majority rules, but one vote can make a difference. :)

Reply to Nicole