Question

living in fear

I live in fear of something bad happening to me. Especially at night I think of all the awful things that can happen to me and it effects my sleep. During the day it' s not as bad but I still have thoughts and images of either being in an accident or being attacked by someone. I think of death all day every day. I haven' t had any bad experiences. Don' t know whats wrong with me.

SOunds like this could be a Depression and/or an Anxiety Disorder, with obsessive features. What a mouthful ! Not to be added to your wories, though, as it could be fairly readily cleared up. Arrange to see a good local psychiatrist for assessment, and when he has clarified the diagnosis, discuss treatment options. Medications often used for Depression help with anxiety and obsessive features, too, and CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, can be very effective in helping you to efficiently unlearn these bad habits of negative thinking, and revise them to more fruitful ways of approaching life

3
Posted by: 123 | 2009/11/12

I fall asleep listening to something, like an audibook or something like downloads form meditainment.com. Else my mind also tends to go overboard with negative scenarios,
Its on my iPod and I attach it to PC speakers and put it soft enough so I can hear it, but so it' s not disruptive to the whole household, or you can use little earphones if someone is sleeping next to you.

It just distracts my thoughts and it works for me.

Hope you get some peace. Here' s wishing you happy thoughts!

Reply to 123
Posted by: 123 | 2009/11/12

Reply to 123