Posted by: rachel | 2009-03-12

living in fear

i' ve been a victim of crime once too many times... as a teenager i was robbed of my possessions twice... as a young adult i was the victim of a smash and grab and my car had been broken into, as a newly wed i had my car broken into again as well as my house.

i now live in a state of constant fear always paranoid of anyone standing at a stop light or stop street... i can' t even sleep properly at night as any sound disturbs me and i' ll go and peep out the window many times... if my husband has to go out at nights i can' t even relax because i am so afraid to be alone.

am i being silly? would i need to see a psychologist or someone to help get over this...

I am tired most days because i have trouble sleeping at night... It' s as if I am tying to " prevent"  another incident but to some degree I know I' m being insane!

I've had similar experiences, with 2 burglaries within the year, one in Durban which cleaned out and trashed my flat there, and one in Pretoria by a guy with a knife. I think ALL official bodyguards and other security should be withdrawn from every member of the governin party, national, provincial and local, until they make life safe enough for the rest of us, INCLUDING them, rather than leave us to rot while they get special protection.
As you'll see from my response to an earlier message today, see a psychologist to help you get this into proportion, to help you remain safe but not haunted.