Question

Living close to High-voltage power line

We are living in a house close to a high voltage power line and I would like to know if their are any dangers living to close to it. I did do some research on the internet and found a couple articles about it but could not find anything giving me a clear answer. My biggest concern is the fact that we have a 9 month old baby girl and I don' t want to put her in harms way by staying in an environment not good for her health. The last couple months I have been experiencing nose bleeds and headaches and that' s the reason for my concern regarding the power lines. I would really appreciate any advice, or help regarding this issue.

Dear Anonymous
It is still a very controversial topic and no clear guidelines are available. If you are not living within 500 meters of the line, the risk is small. No clear dangers have been found with research to cause serious concern
See www.hps.org/hpspublications/articles/powerlines.html
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/emf/