Question
Posted by: Sue | 2010/07/12

Livifem - earlier post

Good Morning,

I have just turned 40, healthy with no ailments other than suffering from migraines, I was on the pill (YAZ) to relieve heavy periods, but stopped taking it two months ago. About 5 months back, after suffering from hot flushes, night sweats and depression, I went to my GP who ordered blood tests. The tests showed that my Estrogen was less than 44. The results didn''t show menopause as the FSH was normal. I then went to my Gynae with the test results, and he put me on Livifem and said I was in premature menopause. I have always had regular (if heavy) periods on a 28 day cycle, but my Gynae disregarded this and said I must be on the Livifem anyway.
Since being on Livifem, the hot flushes have gone, but I suffer headaches daily and more frequent migraines. my periods are still on a regular 28 day cycle as they always have been. I have now been on Livifem since March this year.
The headaches are very hard to put up with and are interfering with my abiliy to work on a daily basis, and i am taking far too many painkillers.
Should I be on Livifem? (my Gynae is at retirement age and set in his ways, and wont listen to me) Is there something else I can take? I dont mind trying natrual or hoemopathic meds if they will work. The only other medication I take is 10mg Trepilene once a day for Migraine prevention, which I have been on for the last 5 years.

man thanks

If your FSH was normal, then you are not menopausal. Hot flushes can start before you are actually menopausal but are not usually frequent then. I would suggest that you have your thyroid function checked. You culd stop the Livifem and see if the hot flushes come back.

2
Posted by: jenny | 2014/01/28

I started taking livifem 5 days ago and am getting itchy pimple like spots on my back and arms and chest. Could this be a side effect? A few years ago I got a bad raw rash under my nose from the hrt I was taking! and as soon as I stopped taking the tablets the rash went away. Could I be prone to skin reactions from any HRT?.

Reply to jenny