Posted by: natalie | 2010-08-30

Dear Dr Nikolic,
Im writing on behalf of my grandmother who is 86. She has had liver spots for a long time, but these spots recently became very itchy and irritable. She has been to a GP who gave her a cream to put on to peel away the epidedermis of her skin, but my concern is whether she should be worried about possible skin cancer?
Would you recommend a skin biopsy just to be on the safe side?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Natalie, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I was away presenting at a medical congress.

Your best option would be for your grandmother to see a dermatologist who can examine all the pigmented spots and put your mind at rest.