Posted by: debbie | 2009-05-04

Liver/gall bladder

removal of adenoma on liver and complete removal of gall bladder in op _ no exercise or diet to follow were given after op _ can u assisit as I have gained 8 kilos post op-still eating as oer before op (op done in 04/2007)current age 42

Dear Debbie
Because you have had a major operation, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist you with your post-op diet and slimming. As regards exercise, you also need to check with the surgeon if and when you may start exercising and what type of exercise would be permitted (to ensure that you do not harm yourself after the surgery). Ask the surgeon if you are for example, allowed to go for walks or swim or cycle and for how long you may exercise per day. In the meanwhile click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search for the article I wrote a while ago on "WEIGHT GAIN AFTER GALLBLADDER OPS" for some ideas on what you can do to reduce your fat intake.