Posted by: Luane | 2011-11-28

Liver Tests

Hi there,

I will be weaning myself of venlafaxine and going on to valdoxan from today on. I will be taking the drugs together, having a valdoxan every second day. then in the second week i will have valdoxan on two consequetive days and then a venlafaxine. the third week i will just be on the valdoxan.

Is this a healthy way to switch over?

Also I want to go do a liver blood test to monitor if the drug will be affecting my liver. Which one do I need to do?

Luane Lavery

I suggest that you first stop venlafaxine by taking half the original dose every day for seven days, then a capsule every second day for seven days and thereafter a capsule every third day for seven days. Once you have stopped taking venlafaxine, you can start taking the Valdoxan.

Consult your doctor for a blood test to monitor your liver function.