Posted by: Liz | 2012-02-29

Liver test - Gtp

I had a liver test done (blood test) and it came up that my reading was high (GTP: 165). I had a headache tablet with paracetemol and asprin the night before and no food until the test at 11.00. Can the paracetemol be held accountable? I''m not a drinker/smoker and dont do drugs.
please advise

For paracetemol to have this effect, the dose would have to be very high, so I doubt that the high reading was due to the headache tablet. A raised gamma-GTP is seen in patients with chronic liver damage or in patients with severe auto-immune disease or inflammatory disease. I therefore, suggest that you discuss the results with your doctor, as he/she is familiar with your medical history.