Question

Liver specialist

Hi Dr Bets

I stay in JHB, Randfontein if you can refer me to a liver specialist even in Pretoria I will appreciate it, it really doesn' t matter where as long as someone can help me.

Dear Anon
There is an excellent doctor at JHB Gen Prof Mike Kew 011 488 3628 - he may have retired in the mean time, if so, try Dr Kay Karlsson 011 488 3554 or Prof E Song 011 356 6488 - if they can't help you themselves they will know which collegues to refer you to

9
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/16

Hi Doctor, I am looking for a Liver and kidney doctor in Pretoria. My mom is currently in Steve Biko with Liver and Renel failure. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008, treated and visited her oncologist every 3 months who declared all in order. Now that she got sick they are saying that she has stage 4 cancer. The doctor says there is nothing they can do, however we would like to transfer her to a private hostpital for proper care. All we want is that she gets treated for the liver and kidney failure. Is it possible to get a doctor to take care of this?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/17

Hi my uncle has been diagnosed with liver damage and has been in hospital for the past 2 months, the doctor has now discharged him and claims there's nothing more they can do, his brain is deteriorating and no sense can be made of what he says, so he is unable to take care of himself, we are searching for a second opinion, is there anyone who can assist?

Posted by: Themba | 2016/02/05

Hi I would like to know which government hospital I can go to for my liver in Johannesburg. Regards

Reply to Themba
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/05

Hi Dr Bets I stay in Bloemfontein, can you recommend a liver specialist? Regards

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/26

My daughter is almost 2 years old. Her liver is swolen which makes her tummy stand out. Our GP said it's Microcytosis. She also gets red marks all over her body which almost looks like burn marks. He said it's a lack of iron. So i'm giving her iron syrup in the morning and evenings. I also have Celestamine. What is your thoughts on this? Should i maybe take her to a liver specialist? Thanks

Posted by: Thabo Vilakazi | 2015/07/15

Morning Doctor I need help with a specialist for kidney failure my site is bed ridden currently she needs help she has tried doctors in Bloemfontein but her condition is deteriorating drastically please help with the numbers for a specialist here in Johannesburg or free state

Reply to Thabo Vilakazi
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/09

Hi ! Not sure if my question went through? I am looking for an oncologist who specialises in liver cancer in Gauteng. Would u be able to give me names ? Thanks and regards

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/09

Hi ! Can u please provide me with the name Of oncologists that specialises in liver cancer in Gauteng? Thanks !

Posted by: THABO | 2013/11/04

HI DR BETS I STAY I RUSTENBURG AND I HAVE SUFFERED FROM A LIVER INFECTION BEFORE SPENT 3 MONTHS IN HOSPITAL, IS THERE ANY ONE YOU CAN REFER ME TO IN MY AREA OR EVEN IN PRETORIA.

Reply to THABO