Posted by: WORRIED | 2009-01-31

I have just had a full blood test done and I am worried about my liver function, results as follows:

S - Alkaline Phosphatase 85 IU/L
S - Glutamyl Transferase 433 IU/L
S - ALT (GPT) 171 IU/L
S - AST (GOT) 190 IU/L
S - Lactate Dehydrogenase 206 IU/L
S - Total Protein 72 IU/L
S - Albumin 39 IU/L

S - Calcium total 2.27 mmol/L
S - Calcium corrected 2.30 mmol/L

S - Cholestrol 5.10 mmol/L

My doctor is very concerned but has not really told me what I should do to reduce this besides no alcohol.

I am on a lot of medication for high blood pressure and depression and have been under a severe amount of stress lately. I also feel nauseous all the time.

What can you suggest I do.

Thank you for visiting

I strongly recommend that you discuss the matter with your doctor, as he/she is familiar with your medical history and the medication you are taking. Please note that your liver function will be influenced if you are using a lot of chronic medication.

Your liver function results are abnormal and a repeat will have to be done and the results evaluated in the light of your entire clinical picture. Your cholesterol is abnormal and will have to be treated with a product that is not metabolised through the liver but rather the kidneys.

Please keep me updated.