Question

Liver function

Hi Dr Bets

I was just wondering how one would know if their liver was not coping? I am on medication that says it can affect your liver function.

What are sings one can look out for (in the stool, urine, in general) So I know when to go for the tests and what tests do they perform? (Urine? Blood?)

Liver disease will only manifests when the liver has seriously been damaged and liver failure occurs. Long before this, your liver enzymes will be raised. Therefore, you should consult your doctor for a liver function tests, which is a simple blood test.

A follow up on these blood tests will indicate the liver's progression.