Posted by: Jen-Jen | 2009-04-24

liver failure

Dear Doc
My Spaniel (5 yrs old) has been diagnosed with liver failure. why would Ursotan be prescribed? I read on the leaflet that URSOTAN should not be administered to patients with chronic liver disease nor with inflammatory diseases of the small intestine and colon. Pls advise

Dear Jen-Jen

Helps with bile secretion. Good product. If you read the side effects of Disprin you would also never take one.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-04-26

Also talk to your vet about Essentiale - that supports liver function.

Steph is right - discuss everything with your vet first - not only will he tell you if stuff might clash, he also needs to know what you' re doing in order to treat the dog safely.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: steph | 2009-04-25

perhaps ypu should ask your vet about milksthistle supps as well. my dog has liver issues as well and was on loads of meds. made some improvement and how he is on milkthistle everyday. but be sure to ask the vet first!

Reply to steph