Posted by: Sam | 2009-03-31

Liver dysfunction

Dear dr.
What specialist do you see inconnection with liver dysfunction? I had a spinal fusion, now same problem in neck (spondilolisthese) but not possible to operate (too many discks). Anyway, receive pain meds on it for about 2 yrs. Specialist says its harmless as i do encounter pain around my kidneys and liver and fever from strong meds e.g voltarin. Took Cerebrex and ProPian forte but become ill. Diagnosed with drug induced hepatitis. Bloodenzyme counts was in the 1000 u/litre. Now still twice as high as normal for one count, the rest are finally all normal, after two months of no meds, no fat, no alchol (not a drinker anyway). Start excerzise again, but immediatly felt same symptomps recurring, sweat, pain under front rib and lower back. I am just wondering how long before liver recover.... and should i see a specialist, if so, what type. Thanks

Hallo Sam
A physician or gastroenterologist would be the right specialists to see but it sounds as if the liver function is almost back to normal. Maybe you should give it a little more time and try Milk thistle or Prohep to support the liver. Start slowly with your exercise program as any excessive blood flow to the liver may cause a stitch in the side.

Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-04-01

Legalon 70 for liver support.

Reply to Mmmmmm