Posted by: Anri | 2012-08-26

Liver detox/flush

I recently went to a womans day function and the lady who sell a certain product, told us you need to look at your nails. And if youve got vertical lines on your nails, your liver is overworked and need a detox.

How true is this and how can you know for sure that your liver is functionin okei.

I am not a heavy drinker at all and do not eat fatty food out of control. Only occasionly.

When do you need to check your galbladder and liver? What is the tipical symptoms of something problematic?

Thanks for your time.

Yes, chronic liver failure can cause Muehrcke's lines or a white appearance of the first third of the nail, followed by redness of the rest of the nailbed. Small veins appearing like spider webs are usually visible in the face (spider angioma), redness of the palms of the hands, dark spots appearing on the elbows and knees (liver spots), chronic fatigue, a general feeling of being unwell, nausea, vommitting, diarrhee, upper abdominal pain due to liver swelling, etc., are all signs and symptoms of liver failure.

For a proper evaluation of your liver, you have to consult your doctor for blood tests.

Your doctor can request an upper abdominal ultrasound to check if you have any gallstones or gallbladder pathology.