Posted by: sthokos | 2008-12-10

Liver Detox

I wanted to detox my liver and I was advised by the pharmacy assistant to buy Essentiale products for liver detox.

I am hesitating to take them, because when I checked the information leaflet there was nothing much to explain the side effects and how doe it work.

Please help.

Dear Sthokos
Essentiale products assist the liver to function properly. They contain B complex vitamins and phospholipids which are compounds that can help the liver to excrete the byproducts of metabolism. You can also reduce your fat intake and avoid all alcohol to assist your liver. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search using the terms "Diet and Gallbladder Disease” to read up on low-fat diets that can help you lower your fat intake. You also need to increase your water intake moderately (have 4 cups of Game diluted 2x more than specified on the package) and to eat foods that contain protective nutrients like fruit and vegetables, fat-free milk and yoghurt and white fish (stick to grilling or steaming).