Question
Posted by: Ad | 2008/07/21

Liver complaint

Hi about 3 weeks ago I vomitted for about 2 days, contacted my gastroenterologist and he ordered a gastro...., they found a hiatus hernia and I was prescribed medicine. I have previously been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and IBS. I have had to repeat the ALT blood test as the results are very high, when I vomitted they were over 100, 2 weeks ago 62 and last week 51, I have to do a blood test again on Thursday to check the number. The problem I have is that I do not feel well, my stomach and face are bloated and I have noticed that my stools are getting a bit yellow in colour.
Do you have any ideas?

Dear Ad
You may have some of the symptoms of a viral liver infection (hepatitis). Please call your doctor tomorrow and inform him as he may want to do hepatitis testing?