Question
Posted by: Rina | 2011-02-21

Liver bypass into stomach

I had my gallblader removed, and 3years after that, I got sick and the tests showed I have a blockage in my liver pipe which exits in your intestines, when I had a op to clear the blockage my liver pipe was put into my stomach.

Since I had that op done I have a problem with my metabolism, I can not lose weight, do you think it is unhealthy to have my gall running through my stomach?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Rita,
This is not really my arena. I suggest that you pose this question to a Gastro-Intestinal Tract specialist (GIT) or a surgeon specializing in laparoscopic surgery. I can give you the name of a surgeon working on a team of which I am a member. Just email me and I will email you a couple of names.
Regards,
Graham