Question
Posted by: Davies | 2012/04/17

liver

A recent blood test showed that my liver is not right
ALT = 76
AST = 38
What does that mean and what can I do to improve it?
Tank you

Davies

This is a low level increase of liver cell enzymes. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with your full medical history and I am therefore, unable to provide you with an informed opinion. If you are taking in alcohol, you should stop and redo the test in one month's time. If you are overweight and your cholesterol levels are elevated, consult a dietrician for an individualised diet and your doctor for possible medication to control your cholesterol.

Exercise and a healthy lifestyle, will improve your blood results.