Question
Posted by: Solo10 | 2011/08/26

Liver

Hi Doctor ,Is there anything that works that can reduce a fatty enlarged liver?
Can going on diet and losing a lot of weight help . I also have an underactive thyroid and COPD . please help as the liver makes breathing difficult whenever I eat as it get pushed up towards my lungs and I cannot eat without getting breathless afterwards because it sort of presses against my lungs...
Thank you .

Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation on fatty liver disease: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_liver

It is a reversible condition but treatment will depend on the cause. Exercise and weight loss is a great idea.