Question
Posted by: Allen | 2010-10-29

Liver

Hi Doc,

Please could you help me.
I have been training for the last 7 years &  dieting as a typical body builder. I put on some mass over the years but for the past 2 1/2 years I have been unable to put on any muscle nor lose any fat. I have done it all, literally just about every diet out there, had the various blood tests and even went as far as taking steroids, with the correct supervision.
What I''d like to know is, could my lack of progress be due to a sluggish liver function? I have read that it stops all forms of progress (muscle gain &  fat loss) as well as cause brain fog (which I also suffer from). If the problem is my liver, what can I do to rectify the problem?

Thank you.
Allen

Allen

I suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination and blood tests to evaluate your liver. Once it is determined that there is liver pathology, your doctor will be able to suggest treatment.