Question
Posted by: sambinoct | 2010/03/24

live in nanny

Can anyone maybe tell me what the going rate for a live in nanny is, in Cape Town.
thanx

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Live in Nanny

There is no going rate for a live in nanny in Cape Town. There is a minimum wage as set out in the domestic workers determination but the going rate would be calculated with the minimum rate plus what others pay in the neighbourhood.

3
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/03/29

re: Live in Nanny

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Purple | 2010/03/27

Probably around R3000 - R4000 per month - depending on how many children she looks after, and whether it is full day or if they are only home from lunch time onwards, and how large the house is and what area its in - I''m sure Constantia pays more than Bothasig.
You are allowed to deduct a certain amount for her accommodation, but only if she has a decent room and it has a shwoer or bath and a toilet (i.e. the conditions are livable). I don'' t know the max you can deduct, but I think its 10% of her salary. (personally I''d say there was no charge for the accommodation and just pay a slightly lower salary to cover the electricity and water costs).

Reply to Purple
Posted by: sambinoct | 2010/03/24

She also cooks and cleans ...

Reply to sambinoct