Posted by: Wes | 2011-11-09

Little lump in right eye brow and stress related help

Hi Doc, im 25 years of age and for the past how long i have picked up a little lump(that is loose under the skin) which has being worrying me, i don''t know whether its a cause of concern or not but now and again its very sensitive to the touch( kind of sore if that) and if i touch it, it kind of moves around like ball under the skin area of my eyebrowe(i have never had my eye pierced so it can''t be a scar from that). Please could you verify what it could be and what i can do to have it removed. Off on another topic, i have picked up aswell that i tend to get into a stress frenzy (for eg. when driving) which really leaves me with no control to concentration there after. i tend to get all hyped up and stressed especially when i went for my last driving lesson. What happened was that i started off by been nervous, then there after i started getting the shakes and my one foot started irregularly shaking on its own accord. Is there meds i can take to calm me down through such an experience wich wouldn''t affect my driving or when im in another otherwise stressful predicament. Your help would be very appreciated. thanks doc

The small nodule under your eyebrow, is most probably due to a previous infection of a hair follicle that has left an area of fibrotic tissue. It is nothing to be concerned about and you can ask your doctor to surgically remove it.

Ask your doctor for to refer you to a psychologist for stress therapy and he can also consider a product like atenolol to calm your nerves. Atenolol does not cause drowsiness.