Question
Posted by: SC | 2011-06-14

Little boy dresses?

I just need advice on how to handle my little boy, he is almost 3 years old, and the past five months he is addiment to wear his sister''''s(of seven) dresses. I know he is still young but its getting so out of control that he cries when I put all the dresses away and refuse to take the dresses off at night, he also wears all our high heel shoes the moment he gets home from daycare and weekends all of the time,I know I might sound silly, but I dont know if I should let him be, or put a end to it, because I dont know if its just a phase and if, how long is it going to last and yes basically I need to know how to handle the situation please?

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

This is perfectly normal behavior. To a three year old dressing up is simply creative fun, even if it is in womens' clothing. Don't make a big deal of it, it does not mean that your son will develop cross dressing tenancies later on. However if you do discourage or punish him you will draw attention to the situation making it even more enticing. Just leave well alone and he will soon find other forms of amusement.

2
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011-06-30

Reply to Behaviour modification
Posted by: Magda | 2011-06-23

Im no expert but i will definitely sit down with him and explain that boys wear shirts and pants and girls dresses - distract him with playing/reading... good idea to stop it now as he is already nearly 3 years old... all the best.

Reply to Magda