Question
Posted by: SC | 2011/05/24

Little boy-dresses

just need advice on how to handle my little boy, he is 30 months old, and the past four months he is addiment to wear his sister''''s(seven) dresses. I know he is still young but its getting so out of control that he cries when I put all the dresses away and refuse to take the dresses off at night, I know I might sound silly, but I dont know if I should let him be, or put a end to it, because I dont know if its just a phase and if, how long is it goin to last and yes basically I need to know how to handle the situation please?

At 30 months, there's no clear gender identity or understanding of symbolism or significance of clothes. I wonder what it is about her dresses he likes ( especially as they would be WAY too big for him ) What does he do while wearing them ? He can hardly run around or play much inside a garment too big for him. Has he any interest in your clothes, or, indeed, those of his father ?
Is he simply cold ( it has in many parts been a very chilly late summer and autumn ) and feels warmer in them ?
Its very much probably just a phase, and strong resistance on your part is likely to make him more stubborn about clinging to them, and could make it last longer. Any chance of ignoring these choices, but trying to interest him in other more boyish clothes he could choose at a store ?

3
Posted by: Kate | 2011/05/25

Its just a phase dont be too worried.
My little one did the same, it was so funny!
I left him to it but as he grew older he stopped.
I still have the pics to prove it and oh does he hate when I bring those days up.
He is totally a normal 11 yr old now and does everything other boys his age does so I dont think you should vret.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: SC | 2011/05/24

Thank you for the reply, her dresses is actually fitting him because he is quite tall:) and yes he does show interest in his dad''s shoes, but way bigger interrest in my pajama short dresses, blouses, ect, and its def not a matter of getting cold, because he wants to put on a dress to dance like his sister and turn around ect, I took him numerous times to the shops and he love his spiderman, batman clothes and choose his booyish clothes yes, BUT when we will arrive at home he goes straight to her bedroom and ask for a dress lately....

Reply to SC