Question
Posted by: Liza | 2009/11/20

Lithium

I' ve now been on Lithium for the past 3 weeks. It makes me feel very stupid however. Will this just be a phase? Or will the lithium always make me feel like this?

It will probably b a phase, though the most annoying side-effects usually fade by then. DO consult your shrink, who, I hope, has been doing checks on your blood levels of Lithium, to make sure that they are high enough to be effective, and low enough so as not to be toxic. Lithium should NEVER be prescribed without blood tests of lithium levels until the levels are stable

1