Posted by: Hope* | 2009-02-19

Hello CS, hope you are well. How is the kitty doing.
My Psychiatrist on my last visit suggested using Lithium. I googled Lithium. The main info I could get that it was used mainly for manic depression and other purposes not listed. Could you tell me what the other purposes are? it also mentioned something about an under active Thyroid (which I have). Can this affect the thyroid. I would really appreciate you opinion on this. Thanks CS.

In some people, Lithium may affect the thyroid, but your psychiatrist will surely have taken this into account, and it usually isn't a problem. Lithium is a sound old medication, the oldest used i manic-depressive or Bipolar Disorder, and suits many people really well. For what condition is your psychiatrist recommending that you use it ? The kitty is growing more affectionate, though still hyperactive, to the extent that last week I think she sprained her tail !

Posted by: dangerous | 2009-02-19

isnt it also abit dangerous? dont you need to have regular blood tests to check the levels in your body?

Magensum is pretty good aswell (as a supplement for mood disorders)

Reply to dangerous