Posted by: Kay | 2010-04-27

Liquidation - outstanding leave pay

The company i work for was liquidated a while ago. We were told someone offered to buy our branch as a going concern so we get to keep our jobs and things carry on as normal. The problem is that i am owed a lot of monye for leave pay due but the liquidator said the " valuation"  agreement between the company and new buyer will determine monies owed and other employee status issues and leave pay is not covered! surely an employee has a right to monies owed and there is no restriction on it, how can a company sign away rights that has already accrued? Do I have a remedy here?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You need to contact the liquidator to find out if there is any remedy.

Posted by: Boetie | 2010-05-01

This don''t sound right to me. Something sounds fishy. As far as I know employees should be entitled to ALL monies owed to them. Contact your nearest branch of the dept. of labour, they are usually quite sharp on these matters.

Reply to Boetie