Question
Posted by: Lin Sue | 2012/09/03

Liposuction

Dr please assist, i have tried all diets in the world but still battling with weight, i would like to do liposuction and would like to know the pros and cons of it. Please provide contact details of a qualifies DR around Gauteng

Dear Lin Sue
I cannot provide you with the contact details of a doctor in the Gauteng area who does liposuction as this would be regarded as unethical. However, I can advise that you can find a cosmetic surgeon who does liposuction as follows: 1) Ask your gp to refer you; 2) Check in the phone book of your area under 'Medical Specialists' for cosmetic surgeons and phone them to ask who specialises in liposuction. Once you have identified a cosmetic surgeon who does liposuction you can make an appointment to discuss the entire procedure and all its pros and cons with the doctor.

2
Posted by: Moloko | 2012/09/05

I had liposuction done ten yrs ago and again in the same area eight years ago Now i have gained weight again in the same area and I get this terrible itching which seems to be just beneath the skin all along the area i had liposuction on. The skin shows no bruising or any marks but it itches alot

Reply to Moloko

Dear Lin Sue