Question
Posted by: H | 2010/10/14

Lipoplasty

Hi Doc.

Which is the best Lipoplasty procedure between Laser &  Ultrasound - hich is better in terms of amount of fat 1 is able to get rid of in a single session.

Who in JHB does these procedures.

thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi H, thank you for the question.

So far it seems that one will get better removal of larger areas of fat with ultrasound based technology but unfortunately not as much skin tightening as laser lipolysis. Further studies would need to be done to confirm this.

Furthermore, not all laser lipolysis technologies are the same and results are dependent (for both technologies) on the operator using the machine. Generally speaking and independent of which technology one is using I would not recommend removing more than 3 liters at one time.

I do not have a complete list of doctors performing these procedures in Johannesburg but please contact Dr Jenny Irvine (011) 425 0508 for laser lipolysis (LipoLite) and Dr Anushka Reddy for Ultrasound based lipolysis (011) 958 - 2261.

2
Posted by: H | 2010/10/25

What about Vaser Lipo??

Reply to H
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/10/20

Hi H, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert