Question
Posted by: Johann | 2008/07/09

Lipomas

Im 25 and had about 15-20 lipomas cut out five years ago. Now they are back, in diffrent places all over my body but more of the buggers than last time. Is there anything I can do about getting rid of them without getting them cut out? 15 scars is enough, any more and my wife would kill me.

If one of them starts to hurt, how serious is it?

Dear Johann
No unfortunately you can't prevent them. Unless they are very unsightly you can just leave them! They usually are not dangerous, but if you have a particularly painful one, it will be wise to ask your doctor just to examine it to exclude other causes for the pain like infection or bleeding or tumour formation.
See http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/lipoma-topic-overview