Posted by: Loren | 2012/02/24

Lipoma/Dercums Disease

I feel on a brick with my shin bone, 16 years ago. The small area on shinbone was always extremely tender to touch. A lump formed, and eventually from the pain, I cant walk on the leg due to extreme pain. Public Hosp said its a Lipoma and its pressing against a nerve thats why I get extreme burning sensation and pain on my leg. I must just loose weight and move on with my life. I only have this 1 one Lipoma.
Can I try another Public Hosp to have it removeed under local aneasthetic like Groote Schuur, cos I havent walked in 3 months, its just too painful. And privately, how can get a price?
I am unemployed and really need ur help with a referal at Groote Schuur or other referals please.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Yes, ask your clinic to refer you to Groote Schuur Hospital to have the lipoma surgically removed. Insist that the attending doctor refer you to Groote Schuur Hospital. You can consult a private general surgeon for an evaluation and quotation.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.