Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2010/03/24

Lipoma

Hi Doc. I have a lipoma under my left arm (next to my breast) It is relatively large 11cm (L) and 4cm (W). It is most uncomfortable as my bra strap goes right accross it. Somedays painful and reddish tinge to the outer edges and somedays not painful at all. Dr''s have recommended surgery, but due to the location of it being near lymph nodes is this not dangerous? And lest I forget to mention I am not a fan of surgery.
Jenny

Jenny

Unfortunately, the only solution will be to surgically remove it but the lipoma is superficial to the lymph nodes and therefore, if removed correctly, no damage will be done to the lymph nodes.