Question
Posted by: KS | 2007/09/11

Q.

LIPOLYTIC DIET

What is your view about this diet? I believe one is given injections every month.

Also I have just come of the pill and want to have a baby but I am almost 5 kg overweight and want to loose this before i conceive so that I dont start off heavy.

would it be safe to take the injections whilst trying to conceive?

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear KS
I am personally very sceptical about these so-called 'fat burning injections' as they either contain substances that have no effect or substances that can be potentially dangerous. I would not recommend that you make use of injections with unknown properties when you are trying to conceive. In fact you should not take any medications unless prescribed by a medical dr who knows you are trying to fall pregnant, no over-the-counter medications including herbal preparations and no excessive vitamin supplements. To lose the 5 kg I would suggest that you reduce your fat intake and start doing daily aerobic exercise (brisk walking, running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min or longer.
Good luck with falling pregnant

Want to comment?