I have read about Lipolysis which is supposed to get ridden of stubborn pockets of fat on your tummy, hips etc. I wanted to know if it is effective, safe etc to do the procedure.

Dear Lorraine
If you mean the process of loosening up fat deposits under the skin and then removing the fat by suction with liposuction, then it can certainly produce excellent results provided you have the procedure done by a plastic surgeon. You will need an anaesthetic and post-operative care. The procedure is not without risks and it takes quite awhile for the areas that have been treated to return to normal. I would suggest that you discuss this step with a plastic surgeon and ask him/her about the side-effects. It may also be a good idea to ask the surgeon to put you in contact with other patients who have already had the procedure so that you can ask them how it went and what to expect.