Posted by: Charlotte | 2008-10-30

lipogram test

Trigyceride is 1.8 is this bad? Can diet fix it?
I am gyming now and take a supplement that contains, among others, Triglycerides 333mgs. Is this acceptable?

Dear Charlotte
I can't comment on the result of your triglyceride test because I would need the normal values used by the specific laboratory that did the tests for you, as well as the units they are using. If the report indicates that this result is high then you will have to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), for a diet that lowers triglycerides. The quantity of triglycerides in your supplement of 333 mg or less than 1 g should not affect your blood levels adversely.