Posted by: Laurie | 2011-06-02

Lipo Laser

dear Doc, I am going to try out a new fat burning procedure namely a laser machine which melts the fat around the waist, then the patient has to exercise for about 30minutes to burn the lquidized fat. It has aparently been approvved by the Food and Drug association of SA. Any tips in terms of whehter it could be potentially dangerous? i.e. is there any radiation risks etc.
I have to go once a week for an hour or so and willl undergo about 10 sessions., Please advise

I am not familiar with this procedure and I am unable to find a peer review article. There is a lot of information available on the internet, which reflects more personal accounts. Please find out which device is being used, as the Smart Lipo device is approved by the FDA for the spot treatment of excess fat.