Posted by: Mandy | 2011-02-08

Lip Pulling

I have this problem ever since I can remember. I like to “ pull”  my lip skin. Sometimes even biting it. I sometimes pull it so much that it starts bleeding. I am obsessed with Vaseline. Wherever I go I must ask for Vaseline. I have a bottle at work and a bottle in the car. Also I tried stuff like Zambuck, lip gloss and Lip Ice, but I must have Vaseline as well. Also I suffer a lot from fever blisters. Must get it 5/6 times a year. If not more. Is there anything I can use for me to stop pulling my skin of my lips. Or is this a nerves problem.

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-09

Posted by: CD | 2011-02-08

Hallo Mandy
My answering site is " broken" ! You may have an underlying dry skin problem causing the symptoms. Try a lanolin based lipice like Carmex. Vaseline contains petroleum jelly that can irritate the skin. If you get symptoms of fever blisters try to see your doctor within 24 hours to get treatment with an antiviral like Zovirax.
dr Bets

Reply to CD