Posted by: Ina | 2009-08-04

Lip not healing

I battle with sores on both upper and lower lip that does not heal. It was removed by a plastic surgeon, and the lab reports suggest some damage by the sun. The sore apper again a couple of weeks ago, and does not respond to any treatment for fever blisters. The plastic surgeon suggest that I must vist a dentist, as it may be my teeth that cause the irretation, resulting in raw sores. The dentist however assured me that it is highly unlikely.

I don' t know where else I seek any advice, and would appreciate it if you can give any advice who to consult.

Hallo Ina
Are the sores outside on the lips or inside? Talking about a dentist sounds like it is on the inside of the lip but should then not be caused by sun damage? How does the ulcer look ? ( superficial and flat, or deep with a edge? ) what colour is the inside (base) ? Is it painful or not? How does it start - with a blister? How big does it get?