Question
Posted by: zoe''s dad | 2011/10/17

lip fold infection

what can one do to alleviate the problem of lip fold infection in spaniels. My dogs has a very deep lip fold which becomes so infected she cant eat for days and has to have it cleaned out surgucally and go on antibiotics.
not only is this a costly regular excercise but extremely painfull for her. it also gives off a putrid rancid smell which is unbearable
My vet has suggested that we trim down the lip fold and stitch it close.

what would you advise?

Hi Zoe’s dad,

I would tend to agree with your vet’s decision and have the lip fold removed. You have tried the cleaning and antibiotics, but the problem will recur. Surgery will help facilitate in the improvement of this condition and, more importantly, improve the habitus of your beloved Spaniel.

Kind Regards
Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011/10/18

Hi Zoe’s dad,

Kind Regards
Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet