Posted by: Nozibele | 2011-03-23

Lingual Tonsils

I have an ongoing sore throat, pain and swelling, recurrent fever, sore glands and bad breath. I removed my tonsils three years ago but my symptoms did not improve. I wrote to you some time ago and you thought the problem might be Lingual Tonsils. None of the ENT''s that I go have considered that so far. I''ve seen so many ENT''s and I''m not getting better. Is there an ENT you can recommend?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Nozibele

You should ask your GP to refer you to an ENT to re-examine you, or perhaps you require an examination by a Physician, as there could be another problem causing your symptoms. I believe you will benefit from a full examination to try and get to the bottom of your problem, as it is affecting your entire body,. If the physician does not come up with an answer, they may then refer you to an ENT in your area to look at your problem.
Alternatively you can go on to the ENT website to find someone close to you with the necessary interest in your problem. Look at the ENTSOCIETY website at