Posted by: Blondie | 2009-08-25

Lines around the mouth

Hi , in your learned opinion what is the best soloution for the lines around the mouth smile lines [ on the corner ] I am 26 and look after my skin but see a line has developed - do you suggest IPL or botox etc . Furtther I want my lips to look fuller/bigger - what do you think is the best route ?

Thank you for taking the time to respond : )

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Blondie, thank you for the question.

Lines that develop on either corner of the mouth are usually due to dimples and may be difficult to get 100% smoothness. They typically respond well to dermal fillers especially when done correctly. Your best approach for fuller lips is to consider fillers (preferably Juvederm or Restylane – and ask the doctor to see the syringe so you can verify the name of the filler used) but once again one should consult an experienced injector for a natural end effect.