Question
Posted by: KARIEN | 2009-03-04

LINES AROUND MOUTH

GOOD DAY I AM 53 AND HAVE WHAT EVERYONE TELLS ME IS A VERY GOOD UNLINED SKIN. I HAVE THOUGH SUDDENLY DEVELOPED THESE DONGAS - NO OTHER WORD- AROUND MY MOUTH THAT RUN INTO MY LIPS. PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN DO !! I USE RETIN-A ON MY SKIN REGULARLY AND DO PEELS BUT THE LIPS ARE A PROBLEM. THANKING YOU KINDLY

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Karien, thank you for the question.

I am not 100% sure where the lines are exactly so my suggestion is to repost a new question describing where the lines radiate from (such as the nose or from the side of the face) and where exactly they end (just above the lip line, into the lips, etc). Your other option is to consult a cosmetic dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the area of concern and advise you on the best treatment options.
Typically lines around the mouth area respond well to fillers (if done correctly) or to laser.